Re: [Module::Build] Re: Test::META

From:
Randy W. Sims
Date:
Re: [Module::Build] Re: Test::META
Message ID:
424B2DF1.5090903@ThePierianSpring.org
Ken Williams wrote:
> On a related note, we should probably finally make the
> prerequisite-specification system treat the requirement level (requires
> vs. recommends vs. conflicts) and requirement scope (build vs. test vs.
> runtime) as completely orthogonal.  Currently there's no such thing as
> build_recommends, for instance, but there's really no good reason it's
> missing.

Should we completely open this up so that requires/recommends/conflicts
can be applied to any action?

install_recommends => ...
testcover_requires => ...
etc.

Also, this seems like a good time to implement .modulebuildrc (RT
#8531). Except that I would rather follow the format of the rc files for
tools like svn and cvs. If the word beginning the line matches the
action being performed or the global '*', the options following it are
appended to the current commandline. Perl-style comments. Backslash at
the end of the line after comments are removed is line continuation.

*        --verbose   # global options
diff     --flags -u
install  --install_base /home/randys \
          --install_path html=/home/randys/html