Re: Test::META

From:
Christopher H. Laco
Date:
Re: Test::META
Message ID:
424809DA.7000404@chrislaco.com
Michael G Schwern wrote:
> There is a create_makefile_pl option (see Module::Build::Compat) which
> does a fair job of creating a Makefile.PL functionally equivalent to
> your Build.PL.  It comes in various flavors from passthrough (where it
> writes a Makefile which simply calls Module::Build functions) to a pure
> MakeMaker implementation.

That's another gripe of mine about M::B and create_makefile_pl.
It puts the requires AND build_requires in the PREREQ_PM in the
Makefile.PL, which I won't want; nor do I think it right for everyone.

Take Test::More for example. It's usually a build_requires and the other
Test* things like Test::Strict, Apache::Test, etc are in recommends.
Test probably won't run with Test::More, but skipping a few subtests
based on recommends is ok. But I don't think build_requires should be a
PREREQ_PM requirement at all.

For that matter, it's not really clear what the expected outcome of a
missing build_requires requirement is as far as CPAN/CPANPLUS is concerned.