develooper Front page | perl.qa | Postings from January 2005

Proposed Test::Harness::Straps data

From:
Ian Langworth
Date:
January 26, 2005 15:03
Proposed Test::Harness::Straps data
Message ID:
5A4800C9-6FEE-11D9-8D55-003065B7174A@ccs.neu.edu
On Jan 26, 2005, at 5:12p, Andy Lester wrote:

> I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas on structures of results.

Here's approximately what I'd like, which could easily be passed to a
template. This is just a brain dump, feel free to tear it apart. A few
of the values are provided for convenience.

@results = [
	{
		filename => 't/something.t',
		time => 'Wed Jan 26 18:04:01 EST 2005',
		duration => '12.438282', # seconds
		total => {
			ok => 5,
			fail => 0,
			seen => 5, # should be ok + fail
			max => 5,
		},
		passed => 1, # max == seen == ok
		events => [ # not necessarily tests
			{
				num => 1,
				type => 'pass',
				comment => "object isa 'Foo'",
			},
			{
				num => 2,
				type => 'fail',
				stderr => "uninitialized value at Foo.pm line 382",
				comment => "frobnicate",
			},
			{
				num => 3,