develooper Front page | perl.qa | Postings from January 2005

Re: Test::Unit, ::Class, or ::Inline?

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
January 26, 2005 13:00
Re: Test::Unit, ::Class, or ::Inline?
Message ID:
20050126210014.GA2629@windhund.schwern.org
On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 02:48:56PM -0600, jason@multiply.org wrote:
> My main gripe is that the infrastructure for it is less OO friendly.  The
> example with the HTML output was awesome......until i looked at how it was
> done.  The inability to get a data structure back for the test results
> is very,
> very frustrating.

This is what Test::Builder is for.

  my @test_details = Test::More->builder->details;

Though I think what you're really ranting against is Test::Harness which
parses test output and formats it.  There's nearly a way to get a data
structure of the results, Test::Harness::Straps, but its incomplete.