develooper Front page | perl.qa | Postings from January 2005

Re: Test::Unit, ::Class, or ::Inline?

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
January 26, 2005 12:28
Re: Test::Unit, ::Class, or ::Inline?
Message ID:
20050126202800.GB1299@windhund.schwern.org
On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 01:35:00PM -0800, Ovid wrote:
> Test::More is also good if you're doing smaller projects.  All of my
> CPAN modules now require Test::More.  It's very easy to use and you can
> get up to speed faster with Test::More than most of the other testing
> tools (besides Test::Simple).

I would prefer it if people would stop associating Test::More with
"testing using .t files".  Test::More is a simple collection of testing
functions.  How you use it is not restricted by the module.  Test::Inline
and Test::Class both use Test::More for their baseline testing functions.

I've seen too many "which technique should I use, X or Y?" discussions
lately.  Testing modules and techniques are additive, you don't have to
choose between one or the other exclusively.