develooper Front page | perl.qa | Postings from January 2005

Test::Unit, ::Class, or ::Inline?

From:
Ian Langworth
Date:
January 24, 2005 13:12
Test::Unit, ::Class, or ::Inline?
Message ID:
41F5649C.8000605@ccs.neu.edu
I'm taking a software development class this semester which will involve
writing extensive object-oriented code. My partner and I are trying to
decide whether to use Test::Unit, ::Class, or ::Inline for our test scripts.

I can see the advantages of Test::Class in terms of object heirarchy,
but I really like the idea of having my tests right along with the
methods when using Test::Inline. (The latter would be great when
presenting our code to the class.)

Thoughts?

--
Ian Langworth