develooper Front page | perl.qa | Postings from December 2002

Re: Graphically depicting coverage vs. test results

From:
Paul Johnson
Date:
December 17, 2002 05:02
Re: Graphically depicting coverage vs. test results
Message ID:
20021217130157.GL23205@pjcj.net
On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 11:35:38AM +0000, Adrian Howard wrote:

> Ah. Confusion of vocab. You're talking about the order of the test
> scripts rather than the order of tests run by those scripts. Yes?

Ah, Yes.

> I think Tony was talking about the order of tests.

OK.  I think I'm hampered by never having used Test::Class.  But I
suspect that the same technique could be used within Test::Class if
desired.

In any case, it seems that sometimes the decision to add tests to an
existing script or to create a new script is sometimes fairly arbitrary.

> While key test scripts tend to be run earlier in some setups, I'm not
> sure that's it going to be a useful distinction all of the time. There
> are certainly lots of test setups where it's not true for me.

Agreed.

It was really just a half baked idea of mine that may or may not have
any practical benefit in the future :-)

--
Paul Johnson - paul@pjcj.net
http://www.pjcj.net