develooper Front page | perl.qa | Postings from August 2000

Re: What CPANTS needs

From:
Elaine -HFB- Ashton
Date:
August 19, 2000 21:44
Re: What CPANTS needs
Message ID:
20000819234439.O18027@chaos.wustl.edu
Michael G Schwern [schwern@pobox.com] quoth:
*>Here's what CPANTS needs to get moving that I can't handle myself...
*>
*>    A mailing list.  CPANTS@perl.org or something.  Ask?

Ask already did that as I recall.

*>    Testing hardware until the distributed client stuff is working.  Kurt?
*>       Perl-labs want to jump in?

brian d foy has a shiny new Ultra1/170 with 40GB of space to fill you
might ask him about since I gave it to him for this sort of project.

*>    A web site.  www.cpants.org.  cpants.cpan.org and cpants.perl.org were
*>       suggested but I'd like the public face to have its own domain to

I disagree as cpants is part of/or will be part of the Perl community. If
you take the "P" out, you get CANTS. :) If it really takes on a whole life
of its own, then it might warrant YAD.

*>    Experience in quality assurance and code reviews.
*>    Experience in large-scale automation.

Depending on what you mean by automation, I'm pretty handy with
distributing software and batch processing en masse.

*>I'm sure people will be knocking down my inbox to volunteer their
*>time, RIGHT?

That's on the next episode of Sliders...

e.