develooper Front page | perl.qa | Postings from August 2000

What CPANTS needs

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
August 19, 2000 19:48
Subject:
What CPANTS needs
Message ID:
20000819224806.B2160@athens.aocn.com
Here's what CPANTS needs to get moving that I can't handle myself...

    Testing hardware until the distributed client stuff is working.  Kurt?
       Perl-labs want to jump in?
    A web site.  www.cpants.org.  cpants.cpan.org and cpants.perl.org were
       suggested but I'd like the public face to have its own domain to
       promote its independence of CPAN and Perl.
    A document repository.  CVS or whatever.  Nothing fancy.  Ask?

That should get things moving.  I have also have specific needs for
volunteers.  There's alot of programming involved that I have no idea
how to do.

    Distributed systems.
    Building secure sandboxes for programs to play in.
    Lexical analysis of Perl programs.
    Experience with the B compiler and modules.
    Experience in quality assurance and code reviews.
    Experience in large-scale automation.

I'm sure people will be knocking down my inbox to volunteer their
time, RIGHT?

PS  CPANTS currently lives at http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/CPANTS/

--

Michael G Schwern      http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/      schwern@pobox.com
Just Another Stupid Consultant                      Perl6 Kwalitee Ashuranse