develooper Front page | perl.qa | Postings from August 2000

Re: RFC 79 (v1) Code which is both executable and POD.

From:
Chaim Frenkel
Date:
August 10, 2000 12:21
Re: RFC 79 (v1) Code which is both executable and POD.
Message ID:
m3vgx8hqig.fsf@csamnycln01.nyc.csam.com

BC> Yeah, I think that's what I needed to see, would this go into a sperate
BC> file? (ie: myStyle.pps => perl pod style?)

It would really depend on the pod2xxx converter. If they (and this is
probably what they would do), go over to a standard Pod::* routines, then
one of the routines could return the parsed style associated with the
converter.

(Cced to perl-qa. Since they are arguing about this.)

So some converters may be a straightforward translation. Some might
require some hand holding. With an active style sheet (i.e. embedded
perl code) it may be doable by a generic parser/emitter.

But I'm no SGML/XML/ whateverML guru.

<chaim>
--
Chaim Frenkel					     Nonlinear Knowledge, Inc.
chaimf@pobox.com				               +1-718-236-0183