develooper Front page | perl.ponie.dev | Postings from July 2003

Re: why we are doing this

From:
Paul Johnson
Date:
Re: why we are doing this
Message ID:
10184.193.134.254.145.1058437489.squirrel@wesley.pjcj.net

Nicholas Clark said:

> I claim that Dave Mitchell's sig file knows exactly why we are doing this:
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Dave Mitchell <davem@fdgroup.com> -----

> --
> The perl5 internals are a complete mess. It's like Jenga - to get the
> perl5 tower taller and do something new you select a block somewhere in
> the middle, with trepidation pull it out slowly, and then carefully
> balance it somewhere new, hoping the whole edifice won't collapse as a
> result.
> 		- Nicholas Clark.

Does that mean that we will play half a game of Jenga on a solid
foundation, or are we building a solid structure upon half a game of
Jenga?

--
Paul Johnson - paul@pjcj.net
http://www.pjcj.net