develooper Front page | perl.poe | Postings from November 2004

Re: POE::Session->new()

From:
Rocco Caputo
Date:
November 16, 2004 06:47
Re: POE::Session->new()
Message ID:
20041116144650.GV88533@eyrie.homenet
On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 07:02:03PM +0200, Martijn van Beers wrote:
> Hi, how about we deprecate POE::Session->new in favour of making
> ->create the only way to build sessions? Apart from the fact that
> having two ways to do exactly the same thing means more chance for
> bugs to happen, it is also a real pain when subclassing Session.
> Since you can't sanely extend new() to accept other parameters than
> just states, it means people are going to have to use create() for
> their subclassed Sessions, or end up with a crippled Session.

For: 8 posts
Against: 0 posts

Passed, and a tentative deprecation plan has been entered into RT.

--
Rocco Caputo - http://poe.perl.org/