develooper Front page | perl.pod-people | Postings from October 2020

Re: [feature] Add =image to perl pod #18169

From:
Dmitry Karasik
Date:
October 5, 2020 07:30
Re: [feature] Add =image to perl pod #18169
Message ID:
20201005073031.GA90343@nataraj.eu.org
On Sun, Oct 04, 2020 at 04:15:23PM -0400, Shawn H Corey wrote:
> On 2020-10-04 4:01 p.m., Dmitry Karasik wrote:
> > Indeed, either don't use ":" in "something", or use the full syntax, or we may
> > extend the syntax so that "\:" and "\\" expand to the unquoted symbols.
>
> Use the POD escape sequence instead: E<0x3A> and E<0x20>
>
> Also think about this:
>
> =for image src:C:\Somewhere On My Disk\image.png

This one should be off limits: the discussion on the github led to a consensus that
local and remote URIs are actually okay to be merged into single "src:". One can,
if really wanted, write some sort of escape, but all bets are off.

Also, I think the pod escape sequences not necessarily should be applicable here.
If, as Russ suggests in another thread, use a full YAML vs YAML-like, which I like a lot,
then YAML escaping should be done then, whatever the YAML standard dictates.

Also, I was wrong about multiline =for, it pretty much exists. So one can do just this:

=for image
src:foo.png
text: text

--