develooper Front page | perl.pod-people | Postings from October 2020

Re: [feature] Add =image to perl pod #18169

From:
Patrice Dumas
Date:
October 1, 2020 12:23
Re: [feature] Add =image to perl pod #18169
Message ID:
20201001122319.GJ197129@free.fr
On Thu, Oct 01, 2020 at 01:44:38PM +0200, Dmitry Karasik wrote:
> The proposal is that title and image are always shown together, or always ignored together. For html and others, P<> doesn’t need to be wrapped in =begin, that’s the whole point of it to not care about specific format, and only care for man pages when there is a gracious fallback.

I proposed an alternative with title that could be used in text output
or in any output that cannot render the image.  The advantage of my
proposal is that this would truly be independent of the format.  Whereas
what you propose is actually format specific as one has to handle
text/man in a specific way.  The disadvantage of my proposal is that
when you really want to do something specific for text and not use the
title, then it is more complicated.

--
Pat