develooper Front page | perl.pod-people | Postings from January 2020

podlators 4.14 released

From:
Russ Allbery
Date:
January 5, 2020 07:11
Subject:
podlators 4.14 released
Message ID:
874kxatm1d.fsf@hope.eyrie.org
I'm pleased to announce release 4.14 of podlators.

podlators contains Pod::Man and Pod::Text modules which convert POD input
to *roff source output, suitable for man pages, or plain text.  It also
includes several subclasses of Pod::Text for formatted output to terminals
with various capabilities.  It is the source package for the Pod::Man and
Pod::Text modules included with Perl.

Changes from previous release:

    Document that parse_lines and parse_string_document expect raw bytes,
    not decoded characters.

    Fix the test suite use of parse_string_document to pass in raw bytes
    rather than decoded characters, which will hopefully fix test failures
    with versions of Pod::Simple older than 3.22 and is a more correct
    test of encoding handling.

You can download it from CPAN or from:

    <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/podlators/>

This package is maintained using Git; see the instructions on the above
page to access the Git repository.

Please let me know of any problems or feature requests not already listed
in the TODO file.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -- Russ Allbery, Just Another Perl Hacker
$^=q;@!>~|{>krw>yn{u<$$<[~||<Juukn{=,<S~|}<Jwx}qn{<Yn{u<Qjltn{ > 0gFzD gD,