develooper Front page | perl.pod-people | Postings from May 2018

Re: What to do about L<Foo Bar> and L<"Foo Bar">

From:
Shawn H Corey
Date:
May 29, 2018 17:19
Re: What to do about L<Foo Bar> and L<"Foo Bar">
Message ID:
20180529131807.3d85ffdc@sage
On Tue, 29 May 2018 09:40:08 -0700
Russ Allbery <rra@cpan.org> wrote:

> So I'm tentatively on the side of just leaving things alone, but I
> don't maintain any of the code that tries to generate links and cares
> about the places where this ambiguity might cause problems.

Leave the code alone (for now) but update the documentation to best
practice.

If necessary, put documentation for the old style in
`perlpoddeprecated`.

--
Don't stop where the ink does.

	Shawn H Corey