develooper Front page | perl.pod-people | Postings from May 2018

Re: =item * foo bar

From:
Dan Book
Date:
May 11, 2018 23:01
Re: =item * foo bar
Message ID:
CABMkAVUTLe=kY-96+a1MAArdTbnmCbMC0+Z7W=MK8Uc7geUoLQ@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 11:32 PM, Karl Williamson <public@khwilliamson.com>
wrote:

> There is code in Pod::Simple that "tolerates" (meaning accepts as a bullet
> item) this pod line that would normally be illegal by perlpodspec.
>
> I wonder if anyone is around who remembers why this was added.  I didn't
> see details in an internet search

I don't think it's illegal by perlpodspec. perlpodspec allows "=item
[text]" where text is not a * followed by spaces, but it doesn't say
anything about * followed by spaces and then other words.