develooper Front page | perl.php.sandwich.dev | Postings from September 2008

php perl integration

From:
solo kihara
Date:
September 16, 2008 03:58
Subject:
php perl integration
Message ID:
ce7bc2950809152247q70f056e9jab760a10437950d9@mail.gmail.com
Hi,
My name is Solomon and I am having problems with php-perl integration. I saw
your article on http://www.justatheory.com/bricolage/1.9.0.html and I though
you might help.

I want to call a perl script from php and I am having a fatal error: "Fatal
error: Class 'Perl' not found ..."

I am using php 5.1.4 and Apache 2.0.59 on Win XP sp2. This WAMP server is
working perfectly ok. I have perl installed and working well as I can run
perl scripts. To do the php-perl integration I downloaded php_perl.dll from
http://pecl.net and placed it where other php extensions are located and
included the php_perl.dll extension in php.ini.

This is where the problem starts. When I try to restart the apache for the
settings to take effect, a fatal error appears: "'PHP Startup: Unable to
load dynamic library path.....' The specified procedure could not be found".
On running a simple script

<?php

print "Hello from PHP!\n";
$perl = new Perl();
$perl->require("script1.pl");
print "Bye!\n";

?>

it outputs the following:

"Hello from PHP!
*Fatal error*: Class 'Perl' not found in *C:\Documents and
Settings\wwwroot\my scripts\perl.php* on line *5"*

I have tried searching for solutions to this problem but to no avail.

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

--
Solloh Kihara
Software Developer / Programmer