develooper Front page | perl.php.sandwich.dev | Postings from October 2005

Re: PHP Template Global Variables

From:
David Wheeler
Date:
October 26, 2005 20:54
Re: PHP Template Global Variables
Message ID:
13A8A6CC-0FF2-466A-9242-FC08690198DC@kineticode.com
On Oct 26, 2005, at 8:46 PM, George Schlossnagle wrote:

>> I have to know too much about the internals. Any chance you could
>> add  the methods we'd discussed before to make this more idiomatic?
>
> Could you remind me what the syntax we discussed is/was?

You suggested:

   $perl->method('DateTime', 'now');

That works for me. A use() or require() method (probably the latter,
given that it's runtime) would be welcome, to:

   $perl = Perl::getInstance();
   $perl->require('DateTime');
   $now = $perl->method('DateTime', 'now');

Thanks!

David