develooper Front page | perl.perlfaq.workers | Postings from February 2005

Re: perlfaq2: Perl books

From:
Dave Rolsky
Date:
February 2, 2005 11:05
Re: perlfaq2: Perl books
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.61.0502021227590.14843@urth.org
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Robert Spier wrote:

>>> I wonder if perlbook is still relevant in its current form. Moving the
>>> book list to it seems to be a good idea. Anyway it does now
>>> point as well to books.perl.org (#23893).
>>
>> Maybe we can work out something that automatically creates perlbook
>> from books.perl.org.
>
> /me brings Dave Rolsky into the thread.  Should be easy to add some
> sort of XML dump.

Ack, XML.  But yes, it'd be possible to dump the DB in some format or
other.  But do we really want to distribute a list of _all_ the books on
books.perl.org as part of the core docs?  That just seems like overkill.
I'd think a hand-picked list of the best books would be more useful.

-dave