develooper Front page | perl.perlfaq.workers | Postings from January 2005

Re: perlfaq9: How do I decode a CGI form?

From:
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Date:
January 3, 2005 17:18
Re: perlfaq9: How do I decode a CGI form?
Message ID:
20050103223915.27140.qmail@lists.develooper.com
_brian_d_foy wrote:
>    + I'm completely replacing this answer.  The previous version
>    was pretty aggressive and ranted about cargo-culting.  It also
>    digressed into a discussion of HTTP methods.
>
>    + The new answer showcases CGI.pm, and gives a couple examples.
>    I'd like people to use it because it's easier, not because we
>    decreed it's use.

It's undoubtedly an improvement.
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.perl.misc/msg/eab4683cd6949531

>    + I also removed the reference to cgi-lib.pl.  It is 2005 now :)

That makes much sense as well. I think that the light-weight CPAN
modules (CGI::Lite, CGI::Fast, CGI::Minimal) should be mentioned, though.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson