develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from June 2022

Is this zef or me: Inconsistent Ecosystem response

From:
Richard Hainsworth
Date:
June 29, 2022 12:50
Subject:
Is this zef or me: Inconsistent Ecosystem response
Message ID:
9bfeaf9c-1a88-ea9a-3a0f-b327b4a96157@gmail.com
Hi,

zef appears to be giving inconsistent results.

I have updated several of my modules. But when I try the github actions
to test an update a module that depends on one updated, it does not
recognise the most recent module, only a version I changed some time ago.

I have a module called Raku::Pod::Render the latest version is v3.7.5

When I use `zef info "Raku::Pod::Render" ` on my local machine, I get

zef info "Raku::Pod::Render"

===> Updating fez mirror:http://360.zef.pm/
===> Updated fez mirror:http://360.zef.pm/
===> Updating p6c mirror:https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ugexe/Perl6-ecosystems/master/p6c1.json
===> Updating cpan mirror:https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ugexe/Perl6-ecosystems/master/cpan1.json
===> Updated p6c mirror:https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ugexe/Perl6-ecosystems/master/p6c1.json
===> Updated cpan mirror:https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ugexe/Perl6-ecosystems/master/cpan1.json
- Info for: Raku::Pod::Render
- Identity: Raku::Pod::Render:ver<3.7.5>:auth<github:finanalyst>
- Recommended By: Zef::Repository::Ecosystems<p6c>
- Installed: Yes
License:     Artistic-2.0
Source-url:     git://github.com/finanalyst/raku-pod-render.git
Provides: 12 modules
Support:
#   bugtracker:https://github.com/finanalyst/raku-pod-render/issues
#   source:https://github.com/finanalyst/raku-pod-render.git
#   email:richard@hainsworth.wales
Depends: 14 items

I have another module called Raku-Pod-Extraction, which "depends on"
Raku::Pod::Render:v<3.7.5+>

My github workflow file is

name: "Raku"
on: [ push, pull_request ]
jobs:
   raku:
     strategy:
       matrix:
         os:
           - ubuntu-latest
         raku-version:
           - 'latest'
     runs-on: ${{ matrix.os }}
     steps:
       - name: Checkout
         uses: actions/checkout@v2
       - uses: Raku/setup-raku@v1
         with:
           raku-version: ${{ matrix.raku-version }}
       - name: Check zef info
         run: zef info "Raku::Pod::Render"
       - name: Install Dependencies
         run: zef install --/test --test-depends --deps-only .
       - name: Install App::Prove6
         run: zef install --/test App::Prove6
       - name: Run Tests
         run: prove6 -I. t

As you can see, I run the zef info line for Raku::Pod::Render. I am
getting the following response (this happens after I used exactly the
same command locally)

Run zef info "Raku::Pod::Render"
===> Updating fez mirror:https://360.zef.pm/
- Info for: Raku::Pod::Render
- Identity: Raku::Pod::Render:ver<3.7.3>:auth<github:finanalyst>
- Recommended By: Zef::Repository::Ecosystems<rea>
- Installed: No
===> Updated fez mirror:https://360.zef.pm/
===> Updating rea mirror:https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Raku/REA/main/META.json
License:     Artistic-2.0
===> Updated rea mirror:https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Raku/REA/main/META.json
Source-url:https://raw.githubusercontent.com/raku/REA/main/archive/R/Raku%3A%3APod%3A%3ARender/Raku%3A%3APod%3A%3ARender%3Aver%3C3.7.3%3E%3Aauth%3Cgithub%3Afinanalyst%3E.tar.gz
Provides: 12 modules
Support:
#   source:https://github.com/finanalyst/raku-pod-render.git
#   bugtracker:https://github.com/finanalyst/raku-pod-render/issues
#   email:richard@hainsworth.wales
Depends: 14 items

Furthermore, another user raised an issue in the github repo of
Raku::Pod::Render and seems to have had the same problem installing
Raku::Pod::Render

The Raku::Pod::Render:ver<3.7.3> has an error in it, which I fixed. But
now the Ecosystem appears to be acting inconsistently.