develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from August 2021

Re: Font used for raku welcome message

From:
James Cloos
Date:
Re: Font used for raku welcome message
Message ID:
m3ilzqllok.fsf@carbon.jhcloos.org

NG> On Linux (various versions), if I ssh to another system and start the raku
NG> REPL , I am  greeted with:

NG> Welcome to 𝐑𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐝𝐨™ v2021.08.
NG> Implementing the 𝐑𝐚𝐤𝐮™ programming language v6.d.

U+1D411 is MATHEMATICAL BOLD CAPITAL R.

The others are also part of the MATHEMATICAL BOLD block.

It seems odd to use math bold for the software's and language's names
rather than just outputting Rakudo and Raku in the greeting.

I presume the goal was simply to embolden them.

Norman,

Search for a ttf font which supports the MATHEMATICAL BOLD unicode block.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6