develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from July 2021

Re: REPL / Linenoise question (backslashes)

From:
Brian Duggan
Date:
Re: REPL / Linenoise question (backslashes)
Message ID:
YPhayWvRgA6wWq6n@bduggan-C02DX7U3MD6R
On Wednesday, July 21, William Michels wrote:
> Sorry for my continuing confusion, but I don't see any use-case for an
> "unspace" at the end of a line in the Raku REPL, or the Jupyter
> kernel.

A use case would be for instance, wanting to call a method
on the next line -- so wanting to unspace the whitespace before
the method call:

	Welcome to 𝐑𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐝𝐨™ v2021.06.
	Implementing the 𝐑𝐚𝐤𝐮™ programming language v6.d.
	Built on MoarVM version 2021.06.

	Jupyter console 6.2.0

	Welcome to Raku 🦋 (rakudo 2021.06).
	In [1]: 12.\
		 ...: say
	Out[1]: Decimal point must be followed by digit

	In [2]: 12.\\
		 ...: say
	12

Brian