develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from July 2021

Re: REPL / Linenoise question (backslashes)

From:
Brian Duggan
Date:
Re: REPL / Linenoise question (backslashes)
Message ID:
YPajpFKPfaIhd+zt@bduggan-C02DX7U3MD6R
On Monday, July 19, William Michels via perl6-users wrote:
> I don't see how the Raku REPL knows how to cycle from taking input at its
> prompt and moving to the read/evaluate step.

This currently happens when the parser throws one of these exceptions:

  X::Syntax::Missing
  X::Comp::FailGoal

  see https://github.com/rakudo/rakudo/blob/master/src/core.c/REPL.pm6#L281

I think this is less than awesome in some cases, which is why in
the Jupyter command line I explicitly supported using a backslash
to indicate that there is more input --

  https://github.com/bduggan/p6-jupyter-kernel#usage-notes

Brian