develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from July 2021

pod questions

From:
Marcel Timmerman
Date:
July 19, 2021 11:57
Subject:
pod questions
Message ID:
a921df07-9f07-4184-794d-73a61cdc5db2@gmail.com
Hi,

Still trying to find a way to have test code in my programs. Normally
not executed but an imported class could make some sense of it. Others
have tried already but I wanted to do the following which looks promising;

=begin Gnome-T
=begin code

my Int $i = 10;

=end code
=end Gnome-T

I can find the test code when I process the pod data. The tag added to
begin will not pose a problem. I need the code section to keep the
newlines in. The problem now is when one needs to render other pod data
to html or markdown, this part comes with it like shown the next
markdown output

Gnome-T
=======

     my Int $i = 10;

Three questions;

  * Are there any reserved tags for the '=begin' format name?
  * Reading a bit, I came across old documents (with a warning that
    these are out of date)
    https://design.raku.org/S02.html#Multiline_Comments . It states that
    any unrecognized format name should be treated as a comment block,
    which the above output shows, the renderers do not. Should I file an
    issue?
  * If the block is really treated as comments, would the code block be
    necessary?

Regards,

Marcel