develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from July 2021

REPL / Linenoise question (backslashes)

From:
William Michels via perl6-users
Date:
July 14, 2021 15:40
Subject:
REPL / Linenoise question (backslashes)
Message ID:
CAA99HCzahOnmwjSLvMkHn-mWzUxQAoUKkqyrtHD-LBGMwD3FNw@mail.gmail.com
Hi, I've recently updated my Rakudo installation, and I wanted to test
multi-line input in the REPL. By mistake I entered a backslash at the REPL
command line:

user@mbook:$ raku
Welcome to 𝐑𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐝𝐨™ v2021.06.
Implementing the 𝐑𝐚𝐤𝐮™ programming language v6.d.
Built on MoarVM version 2021.06.

To exit type 'exit' or '^D'
> \
{}
> \\
{}
> \\\
{}
> exit

Curiously, I seem to create an object in my REPL environment when I enter
either a single-, double-, or triple-backslash. But I'm not sure how to
confirm or refute this assertion (i.e. is there a way to get a list of REPL
objects?). Anyway, is this the expected behavior?

EDIT: Just tested with Rakudo_2020.10 and I see the same result.

Best, Bill.