develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from July 2021

Re: Windows tutorial needed (Todd?)

From:
ToddAndMargo via perl6-users
Date:
Re: Windows tutorial needed (Todd?)
Message ID:
c52d13ed-e4a5-eff7-4b80-0f36b4b8119b@zoho.com
On 7/12/21 7:28 AM, Tom Browder wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 17:12 ToddAndMargo via perl6-users
> <perl6-users@perl.org> wrote:
>> On 7/11/21 2:31 AM, Tom Browder wrote:
>>> See https://github.com/Raku/docs <https://github.com/Raku/docs> issue #3913.
>> Would you be a little more specific.  Are you looking for
>> an install guide?  Or something else?
>
> Todd, did you look at the issue in the corrected link submitted by
> @yary? That pretty much describes (in order of most to least
> importance) the main things I would like to see in the
> tutorial/checklist.
>
> If not, please look at:  <https://github.com/Raku/doc/issues/3913>.

     obtaining the Windows MSI file

     installing the MSI file

     how to show "Hello, Word!" at the CLI

     selecting and using a suitable free or inexpensive
     begnning editor to use for simple programming in Raku

I should be able to help with a few of those.  Do I post
it back to the issue and have JJ formalize it?