develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from July 2021

Re: How do a pe-salt an array inside an object?

From:
ToddAndMargo via perl6-users
Date:
Re: How do a pe-salt an array inside an object?
Message ID:
31d1b2cc-df5b-630f-9b2d-b2598ac6110c@zoho.com
On 7/6/21 1:10 PM, Tom Browder wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 14:53 ToddAndMargo via perl6-users
> <perl6-users@perl.org <mailto:perl6-users@perl.org>> wrote:
>
>     writing out 2000 skips is not practical.
>

> Todd, why don't you tell us what you're really trying to do, i.e., what
> is your use case? Maybe the experts can suggest a better class design.
>
> -Tom

Hi Tom,

I am only trying to write down the various
ways to pre-salting an object on creation.

In practice, if I can not figure out how to
pre-salt in the declaration, I just put what
I want into what I want right under the object
declaration.

Raku is like super glue: 1001 ways to do
everything.  I am just in learning mode here.

I adore hashes, but have found myself switching
over to custom classes wherever I use to
use hashes.  Custom classes are a ton more
versatile and I don't have to constantly
look up their syntax