develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from May 2021

Migration from Freenode to Libera

From:
p.spek via perl6-users
Date:
May 31, 2021 09:45
Subject:
Migration from Freenode to Libera
Message ID:
20210531094755.zh7fjd7rmpwenj3q@edephas.tyil.net

Good day Rakoons,

As you may have already heard, the Raku IRC channels have moved from Freenode
to Libera. I've written a small blog post about this[1], but not everyone may
have seen it. As such, I'm also writing on the mailing list to spread the word.

Additionally, some module authors may have included information about the IRC
channels in their documentation. If you are one of these authors, and were
pointing to the official Raku IRC channels, pleasae update your documentation
to point to the channels on Libera instead. If you're not using the official
Raku IRC channels, nothing needs to be updated.

And lastly, the Matrix bridge on Libera has been made available for public
testing. If you're a Matrix user, you should join #raku:libera.chat to keep up
with the community.

Thanks for reading, and have a great day!

[1]: https://www.tyil.nl/post/2021/05/22/raku-on-libera-chat/

--
With kind regards,

Patrick Spek

www:  https://www.tyil.nl/
mail: p.spek@tyil.nl
pgp:  1660 F6A2 DFA7 5347 322A  4DC0 7A6A C285 E2D9 8827

git:    https://git.tyil.nl/