develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from August 2020

Readline package

From:
dwl
Date:
August 21, 2020 03:21
Subject:
Readline package
Message ID:
2b3b61fedeca769b2f69d1eeba60f097@foo.ist
Hi fellow Rakuists,

I’m a total Raku n00b, and I’m looking for guidance. The late Jeff
Goff‘S Readline package doesn’t work on Macs anymore, which makes Rakudo
Star kind of broken in Apple-land — at least it is when installed via
Homebrew.

I have a patch written, but don’t know whether to ask PAUSE to transfer
the package maintainership to me, fork it (as Term::Readline or
somesuch)... or something else.

It’s not a hugely complex package, and I can see myself maintaining it.
(I’m currently on the core team of a moderately popular Node.js package,
so I know the drill.)

I read about Jeff, and he seems like an amazing person. So I want to be
very respectful.

Please let me know what you think is best.

Thanks,
Daniel Lathrop
https://daniel.buzz

p.s. it already feels great to be in the Raku community. Everyone is so
darn nice.