develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from August 2020

Re-exporting modules that export operators...

From:
Stuart Hungerford
Date:
August 14, 2020 08:32
Subject:
Re-exporting modules that export operators...
Message ID:
CAG+kMrEVx4g+HcxHhbyedWZOZodBexK6EH_BqjGgxOhn-zG66Q@mail.gmail.com
Hi,

I'm using the technique described in this thread
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/61179586/use-haskell-like-prelude-modules-in-a-module-in-raku
to re-export module sub-trees in a project. One of these re-export
modules also exports an infix operator. The others only export classes
and roles.

The operator-exporting module gives an error:

Cannot import symbol '%?LANG' from 'Graphics::Shapes', because it
already exists in this lexical scope.

Can I modify the original technique to also cope with exported
operators?  Is this still the best way to approach this issue?

Thanks,

Stu