develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from August 2020

Place for examples in a Raku module?

From:
Stuart Hungerford
Date:
August 14, 2020 04:25
Subject:
Place for examples in a Raku module?
Message ID:
CAG+kMrGh=cgTAK-sT3CX9oQhFaVPYfngMrF=fKy80KbeFgRQsQ@mail.gmail.com
Hi,

I'd like to add some example modules to a Raku module I'm working on.
These are not strictly tests, nor stand-alone scripts, but modules of
compilable code that show suggested ways to use the roles and classes
in the module. They're not strictly needed to make use of the module.

I can see I could create an "examples" sub-directory in the lib
directory of the module and make sure it does not appear in the
"provides" metadata for the module. I think I could also create pod6
documents with large sections of embedded code too but I figure there
must be idiomatic Raku ways of doing this.

Any advice much appreciated,

Stu