develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from July 2020

df.column1 ... stealing from others could be counter-productive?

From:
Marc Chantreux
Date:
July 29, 2020 14:56
Subject:
df.column1 ... stealing from others could be counter-productive?
Message ID:
20200729145608.GC11805@prometheus.u-strasbg.fr
> > df.column1 ... return a list of values on this column
> That thought should be a topic in its own right.

what i really like in raku is that chance to not have all those fancy
keywords just because langages lack of syntax so stealing from
pandas, incanter, and others is a good idea only if we don't have
some rakuness┬╣. to me and in this case: nothing compares @df[1;*].

┬╣: obvious, idiomatic, powerful and elegant solution coming from the
raku langage itself

regards
marc