develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from July 2020

Re: Baby steps to create a dataframe structure

From:
Marc Chantreux
Date:
Re: Baby steps to create a dataframe structure
Message ID:
20200722064227.GA4098@prometheus.u-strasbg.fr
hello,

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 10:56:22PM -0300, Aureliano Guedes wrote:
> Then, a native call to R may be better cus bring us dataframe an a lot of
> statistical functions natively without other R's package.

coming from perl/shell and having to use pandas a little bit, my current
perception of "datasciences for beginners" is

* it's hard to find books about the way to reason about diving into a
  dataset: all the books are introductions to procedural python and R.
* DF are just 2D matrix with a complex name.
* PDL is about using native arrays instead of slow perl ones.
* raku have bare metal structures like CArray and @array of int32

so ...

> But the idea is to implement cooperatively those tools

if you do that, i'll be a very suportive user (and casual contributor
if i can).

regards
marc