develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from July 2020

Re: Pod6 examples

From:
daniel
Date:
Re: Pod6 examples
Message ID:
d1e2484af9b0b0c2d3fec7541718a620@codesections.com
> Can anyone point me at examples of pod6 in use?… Concise would be nice,

One concise example I've found useful is the Pod::Load script,
https://modules.raku.org/dist/Pod::Load:cpan:JMERELO/lib/Pod/Load.pm6
This short script shows pod6 used both as a more full-featured
documentation format (the text between `=begin pod` and `=end pod`)
and for inline "docstring"-like function documentation – which is then
available at runtime via the `WHY` method – (the comments starting with
`#|`.

> tutorial even better.

I'm not aware of any tutorials, but I wouldn't be surprised if some exist
– there have been a lot of Raku blog posts over the years.  Maybe someone
else will know of one.