develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from July 2020

Re: cannot create an instance of subset type

From:
Elizabeth Mattijsen
Date:
Re: cannot create an instance of subset type
Message ID:
C32802B7-5A1F-44EF-B3A6-80B04A086174@dijkmat.nl
> On 10 Jul 2020, at 23:37, Brad Gilbert <b2gills@gmail.com> wrote:
> I honestly think that there is an argument to be made that it shouldn't even be possible to write a `subset` without a `where` clause.

Making the "where" clause non-optional, is remarkably simple: removing a '?'

However, there appear to be quite a lot of tests in roast that depend on this behaviour, so either there *is* a perceived use of subsets without "where" clause, or we need to fix roast first.