develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from June 2020

changing name of module

From:
Richard Hainsworth
Date:
June 7, 2020 11:43
Subject:
changing name of module
Message ID:
5da6f76f-28c6-6200-8bdd-23744ef307ad@gmail.com
Hi,

I've written some modules and released them into the Ecosystem. (I don't
use cpan for raku)

In the past, I have named my modules 'p6-xxx'. So references for zef
would be git - finanalyst - p6-xxx (loosely speaking).

Now I am considering whether to rename the module to `raku-xxx`

There are three alternatives:

a) leave the module name as before - historical roots.

b) change the name in my github repo, and change the source reference in
the public ecosystem file
(https://github.com/Raku/ecosystem/blob/master/META.list).

I don't know what would happen if someone has installed the module using
zef, and the source changes.

c) leave the old versions of the module with one source, create a new
repo and bump the version number in the META.json file

Any comments about what might be best practice?

Regards,

Richard