develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from March 2020

Re: Rakudo Star v2020.01

From:
Patrick Spek via perl6-users
Date:
March 3, 2020 23:17
Re: Rakudo Star v2020.01
Message ID:
20200304001658.5cf57be4@anoia.tyil.net
On Tue, 3 Mar 2020 16:41:47 -0500
Parrot Raiser <1parrota@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've managed to download 2020.01, and run it with an explicit path,
> but the directory structure that my script used to follow, is broken
> in some way.  (I'll investigate further, to see if I can spot the
> change, but a required directory tree might help me find it, if you
> could provide one.)
>
> A fair number of references to "perl6" remain in the directories. How
> many references have to be untangled before it is consistently
> "rakudo"?

I have no plans currently to go through the existing infrastructure and
rename things. I'm not intimately familiar with the code in Rakudo
Star, and prefer to not touch what isn't broken. If references are
found and can be easily fixed, I'll gladly look into it, though. Of
course, patches to help out are much appreciated as well!

Also, please note that the language is called Raku, the compiler is
Rakudo.

--
With kind regards,

Patrick Spek

www:  https://www.tyil.nl/
mail: p.spek@tyil.nl
pgp:  1660 F6A2 DFA7 5347 322A  4DC0 7A6A C285 E2D9 8827

social: https://soc.fglt.nl/tyil
git:    https://gitlab.com/tyil/