develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from February 2020

Rakudo Star v2020.01

From:
Patrick Spek via perl6-users
Date:
February 19, 2020 19:46
Subject:
Rakudo Star v2020.01
Message ID:
20200219204337.4dcd85f6@sessifet.tyil.net
Hi everyone!

Just now I've sent an announcement to perl6-compilers@perl.org, to
notify people that I've made a first non-rc release of Rakudo Star. For
those of you that use Rakudo Star, this may be a good time to try out
the latest version! The files are available from https://dist.tyil.nl:

- https://dist.tyil.nl/raku/rakudo-star/rakudo-star-2020.01.tar.gz
- https://dist.tyil.nl/raku/rakudo-star/rakudo-star-2020.01.tar.gz.asc
- https://dist.tyil.nl/raku/rakudo-star/rakudo-star-2020.01.tar.gz.checksums.txt

I've not had many people to test things, but the rakudo spectest
succeeds on all my machines, and I've been using it on my own machines
for a couple weeks now, so I have no reason not to believe this release
will work.

Do note, however, that I only use, and therefore test, on GNU+Linux.
This release does *not* contain a .msi (for Windows users) or a .dmg
(for Mac users). If anyone would like to help out by building those
files, please do not hesitate to reach out!

If you have any questions on how to install this (on GNU+Linux or
otherwise), please reply to the mailing list and I (or other people,
especially for Windows and Mac users) will do my (or our) best to help
you out.

Any feedback on how to best communicate these releases is also very
much appreciated.

Lastly, I do not have access to the sources of https://rakudo.org/ (as
far as I'm aware), and can therefore not update that website to mirror
the release files, nor update its documentation. If anyone knows who to
contact for this, please let me know.

--
With kind regards,

Patrick Spek

www:  https://www.tyil.nl/
mail: p.spek@tyil.nl
pgp:  1660 F6A2 DFA7 5347 322A  4DC0 7A6A C285 E2D9 8827

social: https://soc.fglt.nl/tyil
git:    https://gitlab.com/tyil/