develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from January 2020

Re: stolen uint's

From:
Trey Harris
Date:
Re: stolen uint's
Message ID:
CALKJ+Esap1boA20oiagpgK2J3dYEJLWgoYt9eDEfsTOm_6693g@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 13:50 ToddAndMargo via perl6-users <
perl6-users@perl.org> wrote:

> Why don't use use
>
> typeMappings[type_index( typeid(char) )] = "char";

Finally, a definition I can work with...

We can treat this as a request for typeid(); the mapping creation and
lookup is an implementation detail.

So: the C++ typeid operator works in two modes, static (which happens at
compile-time and is inlined) and dynamic (which happens at runtime and is
subject to polymorphism). Do you want the static or the dynamic behavior?