develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from January 2020

Re: stolen uint's

From:
Trey Harris
Date:
Re: stolen uint's
Message ID:
CALKJ+EvdApLc=8H9ii-pq2Kx6qKQwX-zxRDcVJD4oqVk9Fa2fA@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 22:03 ToddAndMargo via perl6-users <
perl6-users@perl.org> wrote:

> Hi Trey,
>
> Any chance of you sneaking in on the doc pages
> for ^name and range to explain the things you
> explained to me?

For `.^name`—I suppose, though I’m not sure what would be appropriate
there—anything beyond that native-typed variables will show the autoboxed
type? I don’t think a description of autoboxing itself is relevant there. I
just noticed the “Auto-boxing” section of
https://docs.raku.org/language/numerics is unindexed, though, so that
should probably be fixed (and it should be aliased so typing either
autoboxing or auto-boxing into the search box both turn it up).

For range (lower-cased), absolutely not. If my proposal for adding
front-matter to routine pages is eventually adopted, that would be
reasonable. But right now, when routine pages are entirely auto-generated
from snippets elsewhere, that would mean adding information to
https://docs.raku.org/type/X::OutOfRange#method_range — and the behavior
that tripped you up has nothing even tangentially to do with the
`X::OutOfRange` exception.