develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from January 2020

Range on Subsets

From:
Simon Proctor
Date:
January 28, 2020 15:03
Subject:
Range on Subsets
Message ID:
CAGwa-ji5yZLSE1nf6zq69xZgf=z2-4srZkZhxHbDQvTBFRB2vQ@mail.gmail.com
So some recent conversations covered the Range method on numeric types like
Int

So Int.Range gives the range of valid values -Inf^..^Inf which is neat.

Then I thought I'd try UInt.Range and got 0..^Inf

Ah Ha! Thinks I. I have a plan. What if I try this?

my subset OneToTen of Int where { not .defined or 1 <= $_ <= 10 };
say OneToTen.Range;

And it gives ...

-Inf^..^Inf

And now I'm a bit confused. The Docs say the UInt is just a subset
https://docs.raku.org/type/UInt

So how does it have it's own Range?

--
Simon Proctor