develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from December 2019

Re: Stack Exchange

From:
ToddAndMargo via perl6-users
Date:
December 24, 2019 00:01
Re: Stack Exchange
Message ID:
c80661d0-9247-e711-86cd-0590d3238d41@zoho.com
On 2019-12-23 00:34, Patrick Spek via perl6-users wrote:
> They may be a negative to you personally because you dislike being
> corrected on grammar, but they're not "negative issues" for the
> community at large.

Don't get me wrong, it is not correcting my grammar
that I find offensive -- that I appreciate as my grammar
is terrible -- it is not asking me first that I find
offensive.

It is my name associated with the writing, not theirs.
I am the one held accountable for what the reader sees,
not them.  I presume somewhere in their sign up
agreement, I gave them permission.  And, I would hazard
they are skating on the illegal side of things modify
without asking, agreement or no agreement.

> However, this very ML seems to be the kind of thing
> you're looking for, no?

Oh I do adore this group.  I ALWAYS come here first.
Though ~5% of the time I do have to go elsewhere.

I will check out Reddit, Hacker News and Quora, which
where suggested to me offline.

Thank you for the words of wisdom.