develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from December 2019

Re: A grand idea on the documentation

From:
ToddAndMargo via perl6-users
Date:
December 9, 2019 14:47
Re: A grand idea on the documentation
Message ID:
587949d1-da59-8863-0867-ac9bed5d9747@zoho.com
On 2019-12-09 06:23, Elizabeth Mattijsen wrote:
>> On 9 Dec 2019, at 14:45, ToddAndMargo via perl6-users <perl6-users@perl.org> wrote:
>> On 2019-12-09 01:39, Tom Blackwood wrote:
>>> It's rude on a public list to speak that.
>> Did you seriously think I was calling him a real dog (canine)?
>
> So what did you intend to convey with the use of the word "guard dog"?  That he is a nice, hard working volunteer?  I think not.  There are other words to describe that.

I meant that he protects the developers for frivolous
input from the general public, such as me.  A "Guard
Dog" protects you from threats.  The developers are
very busy.

JJ is a great guy by the way.  He is just a little too protective when
is on guard duty.  ("Guard Duty" means
he is in protective duty, not that he is a prison guard.)

Is English your first language?  See I have used
language twice that you have objected to.  Believe me,
when I want to be offensive, no one from any language
will miss it.