develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from December 2019

comment on the new name change

From:
ToddAndMargo via perl6-users
Date:
December 6, 2019 08:05
Subject:
comment on the new name change
Message ID:
1a681777-8879-4eb8-e565-0616a6d1014d@zoho.com
Hi All,

I personally do not care if we call Perl 6 "The Flying
Zucchini".

But what I really like is that I can now to a web search
on "raku" and not get 3,264,682,533 hits on Perl 5
that I have to frustratingly sort through to find what
I want.

So I am a happy camper with the new name.

Just out of curiosity, was this the intention
of the new name?

https://www.thoughtco.com/raku-meaning-and-characters-2028515

     The Japanese word raku, pronounced "rah-koo", is a
     commonly-used word that means comfort, ease, or
     relief.

Having used several other programming languages in
my lifetime, if this was the intention, I do have to
say the name fits

:-)