develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from October 2019

processing a file in chunks

From:
Joseph Brenner
Date:
October 20, 2019 21:39
Subject:
processing a file in chunks
Message ID:
CAFfgvXXgjKkzGP6=C09EyWeGORi7mcUoL2A1hE1CcW5jU=X3ZQ@mail.gmail.com
I was just thinking about the case of processing a large file in
chunks of an arbitrary size (where "lines" or "words" don't really
work).   I can think of a few approaches that would seem kind-of
rakuish, but don't seem to be built-in anywhere... something like a
variant of "slurp" with an argument to specify how much you want to
slurp at a time, that'll move on to the next chunk the next time it's
invoked...

Is there anything like that kicking around that I've missed?