develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from September 2019

Re: perl6 for web development

From:
Patrick Spek via perl6-users
Date:
Re: perl6 for web development
Message ID:
20190930175105.6aa7bd56@sessifet.tyil.net
It's a library for making a web application. One could also make a
framework out of it, if they wished to do so.

Jonathan has made this distinction in the past, referring to Cro as a
library explicitly, as opposed to a framework, as a framework is
(usually) highly opinionated. Cro is not.

That said, Cro has been quite smooth sailing for me, so I too would
suggest you taking a look there. There's also Bailador[1], which is an
actual framework for creating web applications as well. There's also a
tutorial for it on YouTube[2], if that's interesting to you.

[1]: https://github.com/Bailador/Bailador
[2]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmQ3FQCIXmk

--
With kind regards,

Patrick Spek

www:  https://www.tyil.nl/
mail: p.spek@tyil.nl
pgp:  1660 F6A2 DFA7 5347 322A  4DC0 7A6A C285 E2D9 8827

social: https://soc.fglt.nl/tyil
git:    https://gitlab.com/tyil/