develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from September 2019

Re: anything faster than say [+] lines?

From:
Marc Chantreux
Date:
Re: anything faster than say [+] lines?
Message ID:
20190924052132.GA9945@prometheus.u-strasbg.fr
hello Vittore,

> Ok, I am 100% sure that, if people use it, eventually $*ARGFILES will
> become as fast as $*IN. Because of people like Liz working on the project

functions like slurp, lines, words already depends on $*ARGFILES (which
is awesome, i think) so i have no doubt there will be attention there.

> > nice ... but when x is ~ 75440 (not always), there is a problem
> What is x here?

sorry. x is the arg of seq (number of lines).

regards
marc