develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from August 2019

Re: core dump

From:
ToddAndMargo via perl6-users
Date:
Re: core dump
Message ID:
bc8543f2-7282-ee31-eedd-5073dc1d0903@zoho.com
On 8/9/19 3:41 PM, ToddAndMargo via perl6-users wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Fedora 30
> rakudo-0.2019.03-2.fc30.x86_64
>
> I have a weird question.  I need to simulate a core
> dump under a bash (ulimit) shell.
>
> Any of you guys know who to get Perl to crash with a
> core dump?
>
> I need to prove that core dumps are not
> active on my system.  Or if I am mistaken.
>

> Many thanks,
> -T

Follow up:

      To trigger a core dump:
          $ kill -s SIGSEGV PID     Subsitute your PID
          $ kill -s SIGSEGV $$      Will kill your current shell

Since core dumps have changed significantly under Fedora 30
(systemd), anyone wants my full notes, please ping me
on the subject line and respond on this thread.